parish is a stable community of Christ’s faithful established within the diocese, whose pastoral care, under the authority of the diocesan bishop, is entrusted to a Parish Priest as its proper pastor. The Parish Council is established to promote the baptismal calling of all the members of the parish in the planning and execution of the pastoral ministry of the parish, founded on an authentic sense of ecclesiastical communion.
The Parish Council, presided over by the Parish Priest, is made up of members of the parish community. Its primary function is to collaborate actively and in a spirit of mutual service with Parish Priest in the development and planning of the pastoral care and apostolic effectiveness of the parish, including missionary, catechetical and apostolic initiatives and the promotion of doctrinal formation and the sacramental life of the parish.
The Parish Pastoral Council meets regularly to discuss and reflect on the needs of the Parish, to make decisions about what is happening in the parish and to pray for the Parish.
The members of the Roscommon Parish Pastoral Council are:
- Fr. Eugene McLoughlin, Monsignor Charles Travers
- Fr. Ireneusz Kuzmicki, Deacon Seamus Talbot
- Deacon Wando deAraujo, P.J. Carrig
- Jimmy Gleeson, Tom Flanagan, Anthony Doolan
- Mrs. Martha Gregory, Mrs. Bernie Jordan, Mrs. Mary Molloy
- Mrs. Mary Boland, Mrs. Caitlin Browne
- Mrs. Mary Lalor, Mrs. Margaret Ryan-Gunning